Purpose: The membership committee maintains and updates the current membership information.
The membership committee processes all membership applications and maintains the membership database. In addition to maintaining the current membership information, this committee also:
- Creates mailing lists from the membership database and coordinates with our direct mail company for all club mailings.
- Pulls information for the contents of the annual member roster. Information is formatted and submitted to our printers.
- Mails membership information to new, renewing, and potential members.
- Retrieves and handles all incoming SMI voice mail messages, answering membership questions about SMI.
- Assists the Vice President with “Meet the Mountaineers” meetings, general membership meetings and other community related events.
- Distributes membership information and brochures at meetings and local outdoor related retail stores.
- Submits general membership meeting notices to local on-line calendars.
- Coordinates and purchases ads on television, radio, and in local papers to promote club membership and "Meet the Mountaineers" events.